John 15: 1-8
- “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
- He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
- You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
- Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
- “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
- If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
- This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
New International Version (NIV)